My name is Patty Carrion. I am a musician and co-founder of Utopia Media and Entertainment, LLC.
I am a Latina with a deep desire to build bridges of appreciation and understanding between the American and the Latino cultures. I carry out my mission through my work in my community, my Twitter and Facebook accounts and now this blog.
I believe in giving back to our communities, which is why I serve as a board member in two Latino-led organizations. I work too as an English- Spanish interpreter to help people communicate effectively.
In this blog, I will share my passion for Latin music; such as Latin Jazz, Salsa, Cumbia, and will also share information about where in Seattle this type of music is playing so you don't miss it.
I will also write about not-to-be-missed movies, good food, and places to visit! Best of all, you will get the unique Latina perspective.
Here are a few things about me:
· I grew up listening to the Bee Gees, Olivia Newton-John, and The Beatles at my parent's house, but at my grandma’s, I always listened to danzón, salsa, and boleros.
· Despite being a ‘jarocha” from the Port of Veracruz, seafood is not my favorite food. I do love picadas, enmoladas, molletes… any Mexican food. But my most favorite food is BBQ ribs!
· My favorite holidays are: Christmas and El día de los reyes.
· My favorite movies: Star Wars (episodes VI, V, VI); Mr. Holland’s Opus, A Beautiful Mind, El Callejón de Los Milagros.
· My favorite places to visit: Coffee shops and the beach, but only when it is warm enough to put on a bathing suit.
Last thing, English is my second language; so please be patient as I try my best to perfect my writing in this beautiful but complicated language!
If you have any ideas that you would like me to share with my readers email me at: